How To: Easy Home Insurance Quote
Getting a quick and easy home insurance quote doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, it’s actually pretty easy.
Here are some simple tips that could help you make getting options as easy as possible.
First, know that each insurance carrier my have different requirements; your agent will work with you to answer questions to get you the best rate possible.
Your Home – How to get an easy Home Insurance Quote
The agent will have to determine a likely cost to rebuild your home. Likely questions may include:
- Age and type of roof
- Number of bathrooms, fireplaces or wood stoves
- Quality of construction of kitchens, bathrooms, etc.
- You need to inform your agent about upgrades such as roof, HVAC, remodel or any major updates.
- Let your agent know about installed safety devices like sprinkler systems or burglar, fire and smoke alarms.
- Providing a copy of the declaration pages on your existing homeowners insurance policy is very helpful. Often homeowners increase the value of certain coverages and forget why. While the declaration pages aren’t required that can help the agent see red flags that we want to address and / or ensure coverage matches what you need.
It’s important to note that your existing homeowners policy may not reflect upgrades or changes to your home since its inception. Any agent / broker quoting your insurance needs to provide you a quote based on the current state and value your home today.
You and Yours
In addition to learning how long you have lived in the home, your agent / broker may need to know who resides there, your marital status, if you operate a business from your home and possibly if you have pets.
Insurance History & Financial Responsibility
Providing your agent with a copy of your current policy is not required to get an easy home insurance quote. However, having it on hand gives the agent / broker quoting the complete picture. For example: Your current policy limits may not reflect the current value of your home or coverages may be missing off your current policy. Having your current policy as a reference allows your quoting agent to provide you advantages to improve your coverage, value and provide a competitive analysis.
Let your agent know If you have a mortgage on the home. The lender requires that they be listed on the policy, which makes paying the home insurance premium easy as most our paid via escrow on the mortgage bill itself.
Your agent / broker will also need to know if there are any past insurance claims.
Many of the items mentioned above help determine discounts you may qualify for. In addition, many carriers offer discounts for planning ahead and getting a quote early. Discounts for adding multiple products such as cars, trucks or SUVs, Motorcycles or Personal Umbrella may exist as well.
Give us a call today at 253-220-5430 if we can help you achieve worry-free home ownership.
Haymaker Insurance is independent insurance agent providing services near Tacoma, Federal Way, Auburn, Renton, Puyallup and Seattle. Our most popular products include Auto, Boat, Earthquake Insurance, Home, Motorcycle, Pet, Renters, RV and Wedding.